Monday, June 06, 2005

A Choreographer's Tale (Part 4)

Photo borrowed from Michele

OK Go has spent the last few weeks creating and perfecting a new end-of-set dance, which they created with the help of an internationally known choreographer. We've asked her to share her experiences with you...

Wednesday.

I woke with the dawn and joined my Timberwolf Spirit Guide in baying to the morning sun. I was rewarded with a moment of clarity and beauty... I knew then and there that the toxic venom of the Toss-the-Tim section of the dance was destined to dissolve into a moment of triumph and victory over betrayal and brutishness. It would come in the form of a patented move I call "ManFaith Triumvirate (Proud Mountain In Back)."

From here, the intricate and fragile latticework of a delicate story long in the making would be unveiled, layer by layer. Damian and Andy lay down their sharp-edged spite at the altar of peace, each taking the other gently in a healing embrace and together they trace the ephemeral outlines of a world without pain. Eventually, though, Damian and Andy are wrenched apart from within, casting about for their own distant stars, leaving a dark void from which erupts none other than he they call TIM THE TIGER.

At this moment, I collapsed under the weight of my visions and the force of my insights. "Thank you, Timberwolf," I whispered before my spirit left my body.

--Trish

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was at the Vancouver show and loved - loved! - the dance routine.

I noticed you guys filming througout the set... Is this footage going to be on a DVD, your website, somewhere, anywhere!? I want my friends who missed the show to see it so I can crow about how I saw OK Go rock out!!

- Paul

2:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i was @ the portland show and i absolutley LOVED the dance!

3:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angry Timberwolf, will you make sweet sweet love to me?

8:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mayhaps. In time, all things may come to pass. In preparation, my sweet Anon, I recommend rigorous practice at the Ballet Barre and spiritual inquiry via ancient folkloric Turkish danceforms.

8:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home