Monday, October 31, 2005

Tim On Tour: Washington, DC (Lost Post, Found)
Tim entered this post a week ago, but somehow it got all jumblied in the machine, and is only now seeing the light of day. The machine apologizes to Mr. Charming and his angry minions.

Oct. 24, 2005

Greetings, my good and fair public.

Tis I, Timothy Charming, reporting from our nation's capital, Washington DC. If one was to take a look at OK Go's rigorous touring schedule, one might conclude that OK Go is not playing in the District of Columbia for another week. At this juncture, one might also begin to wonder to oneself, "Then why, Mr. Timothy Charming, are you sending us messages from the Capital City?" Well, my little chickadees, I'll tell you: Today is the coveted day off.

In rock and roll, a day off is not unlike the day off of a lawyer, doctor, electrician, or topographer. Major label recording artists like myself use these days to tend to laundry and dry cleaning, catch up on email, return phone calls, see family and bathe (time permitting). If a band member like myself is really lucky, then he might have the pleasure of day-ing off in a city where darling young ladies like my two year-old niece Ellie live.

Tonight I happened to be just that lucky. I dined with my adorable niece, who taught me these important lessons about life and myself:
  • I drink out of a big boy's glass.
  • It is not OK to draw on the table with crayons.
  • Being a cow for Halloween is exciting.
  • Saying 'Uncle Timmy' is not as easy as it seems.
  • Saying 'Uncle Timothy Charming' is going to be even more of a challenge.
  • Baths are fun!
  • Time outs are a bummer.
  • Putting things away is a chore.
  • I am funny looking.
  • My hat is funny looking too.
  • Hugs and kisses from my two year-old niece, whom I seldom see, are about as sweet as it gets.
So there you have it, my darling dears. Tomorrow I am off to Philly, home of Bell, Biv, DeVoe, ABC, and the East Coast Family. Hopefully I wiil see you, Bell, Biv, DeVoe, ABC, and the East Coast Family in the next days to come. Until next time remember this: as long as i am blogging, you will never walk alone.

Live it,

Timothy Charming xo

9 Comments:

Blogger mkecurler said...

Hey, stumbled on yer blog. Like the new video! It is awesome. I saw OK Go years and years ago in Madison.

11:18 PM  
Blogger This username does not exist said...

Wow. I think OK Go is great...but is this blog for real? I have seen so many fake "real" sites of bands/celebrities/cool people.

Either way. Have a good one!

11:43 PM  
Blogger This username does not exist said...

Please excuse the cynic. It just sucks making a big deal out of something then looking like an idiot later.

I have been told that dressing up like a cow is truly great fun too. I learned it from a 12 year old tho.

11:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok so i just got home from the dc concert and it was the best night of my life. even better than my first ok go concert. . . because outside after the concert i met damian. yes. now i can die happy. damian if you read this- im the weird girl that has freaking out and made you sign both of her shirts haha. thank you so much!

12:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been told that dressing up as a cow was exciting, too. Only instead of from either a 2 year old or a 12 year old, it was from an 18 year old. Apparently cow costumes are exciting to kids of all ages.

Timothy Charming, darling, your stories about your niece were the most precious thing I've ever read in my life. I feel the same way about my nephew-he's 3, and probably the sweetest thing in the world.

I'm glad spent your day off well-hopefully you also got your laundry done as well.

12:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, cow costumes seem to be in this year. i have a friend who was a cow this halloween too...but he's 20.

11:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You make me swoon, Timothy Charming. I am sure you are one of the best uncles ever.

4:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey are you guys coming to Grand Rapids, MI?

6:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

your friend from horseshoe tavern Dana, the other jew :)
hey tim remeber me? heard yoru going to be in toronto in march so wanted to see for how long, iv lost my phone so i lost the phone numbers that were stored there anyway let me know if we can meeyt the night of the concert i'll be there with a few girlfriends. see you later. i'm pretty sure you still have my phone number. see you later!
dana

12:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home