Tuesday, November 15, 2005

New News For Chicago, Toronto & DC


Some people argue that the denizens of Chicago, Toronto and Washington DC have absolutely nothing going for them. Screw those people.

Chicago has an OK Go show on Friday, Nov. 18th. Because it's 18+, we've scheduled an in-store performance & signing at the Tower Records on Clark, down the street from the Metro. That's from 7 to 8pm. Bring your friends, if you've got some. Make sure to download this flyer, print it, make copies, and spread it all over the city that never weeps (in front of other cities).

Toronto gets a special, private performance. OK Go is playing the launch party for the Xbox 360 on November 21st. It's going to be pretty effing electric, so we strongly suggest you find a way to get in. Click here for one. If we figure out more, we'll let you know.

Washington, DC gets a newly announced all-ages show on Nov. 20th at the Black Cat, one of our favorite clubs. The opening band is called Shortstack, and it features former OK Go traveling partner Burleigh Seaver (The Surly Beaver) on guitar.

The rest of you can have fun online. Start with Damian's latest post on Coolfer.com. It's a doozy.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

soooooo excited!!! i'll be at the chicago in-store and show!!

10:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! Can't wait to see you in Minneapolis tonight! Hope you hang out after the concert!

Love, love, and more love,
Kristi

5:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To those going to the Tower Records in-store:
When Jorge says "down the street from the Metro" he means "two miles down the street from Metro". You might want to take the Clark bus.

5:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really hope I can win tickets to the Toronto Launch party thing... but I don't think it will happen. Anyways coolio for coming back to Toronto...
Byes,
MB

7:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey what time is the launch party starting?

12:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm really glad you guys are coming to the Black Cat on November 20th. See that's awesome because it's my 21st birthday and you guys are my favorite band. All I gotta say is I want a rendition of Happy Birthday and a beer. Damian? Andy? Any takers? My email is ioland1@umbc.edu.

2:46 AM  
Blogger you_go_girl said...

re: Damian's Coolfer post about DRM -- I'm glad to see Damian taking a stand against antipiracy software and all the other delusional tactics that the record labels are using to cling to their past business models. The number one thing that is holding me back from rapidly building my library of music right now is not cost, but uncertainty about digital compatibility. I am more than willing to pony up for the music, but only if I can be sure I will be able to play it on all of my devices, including future ones that haven't even been dreamed up yet. But every new music site and every new device comes out with different fine print about what you can and can't do with the files you download, and then out comes this SONY announcement that you could even be opening your computer up to security breaches by ripping a CD. It all just makes me want to stop buying music and wait for the dust to settle, in the hopes that it will settle on a more user-friendly and dominant standard. Yet if all of us who are willing to pay hold back while the rest of the world just downloads the free versions, how do the artists eat?

I was surprised but relieved to hear that OK Go just narrowly escaped having that kind of copy-control on Oh No, because I did pay extra for the tangible, plastic version in a real brick and mortar store (I wanted the artwork and liner notes on this one -- not just the tunes). If I had come home with a CD I could only play in my car and f'ed up my computer in the process, I'd have been furious.

10:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i wish i could see u guys at the signing.. oh well :( :( :( hope u guys come back to chicago to do another show soon..

rawr!

xoxo
-ilona
thelonelyvamp.deviantart.com

6:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really want to thank you guys for coming to the signing. I'm fifteen and couldn't even dream of going to the Metro. I've admired your music since 2002 when I first heard it.

Much Love, Rusty! I think you're the best!

11:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i wish i could be there...but i cannot:(
please come to japan oneday soon soon...pretty soon!

7:16 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

we thought this was in 2007!! We got so excited.

2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home