Tuesday, December 06, 2005

DJK ON DRM
Big news: this morning, the New York Times ran an article by Damian about Digital Rights Management, a topic that seems boring right up to the moment your computer explodes while you're listening to The Coral. Damian's article is called "Buy, Play, Trade, Repeat." Read it, then use the email-this-article link to send it around, so Maureen Dowd's cruel reign atop the 'most emailed articles list' can finally end.

Damian first tackled DRM as guest blogger at Coolfer. His bloggage lives here.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

New York Times? Our baby's making us so proud...

1:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Impressive, Kulash. Bravo!
I'm off to my office's library to grab the NYT and pretend that I'm looking up something work-related...

2:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on making his debut on the NYT. Brilliant!
Damian is too logical for a musician, and too brave for a man :).

1:08 AM  
Blogger plee said...

Congrats on making the NY Times, Damian! I really think it's a great thing to do in addition to the piece you wrote awhile back titled "How Your Band Can Fire Bush." I think that putting your writing out there is giving you even more credibility not just as a musician, but as a writer, as well.

I agree with everything you said in the article, and as a college student, I can definitely sympathize with all that was said. If the music industry implemented CD technology that prevented me from putting it on my iPod, I would surely be deterred from purchasing it. It's not that I'm technologically incapable of finding ways around it, rather, I'm just too lazy to do it. I think most college students would feel the same (or just wouldn't want to figure out).

Thank God "Oh No" didn't have this technology put on it! (But I would've still bought it, just because it's OK Go...)

6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home