Friday, December 30, 2005

So This Is The New Year... And It's Going To Kick Your Ass
Every year, on the eve of December 31, hundreds of thousands of people gather in New York City's Times Square in the hopes that they might see a free OK Go concert. It's an awesome spectacle: a vast throng gathered in giddy anticipation, men women and children bound together by their single collective wish.

This year, for the first time ever, OK Go will grant the people that wish. At 11:16, the foursome will take stage on the roof of the Times Square Olive Garden to play a trio of songs for the assembled mob four stories below. There will be pyrotechnics, tv screens the size of football fields, and (I am not lying) two nu-metal bands playing earlier in the night, POD and Puddle Of Mudd.

The event will be televised, and covered by several networks. ESPN plans to air at least one OK Go song, to be shown sometime between 10:00pm and 2:00am, and ABC, MSN, and Jimmy Kimmel Live will all be taping, though none
of them have released their schedules, yet.

So if you are in NYC, come see OK Go's 10 minutes of glory, and if you are not, get your TIVO running now.

Happy new year. Peace and prosperity to all. We'll see you in 2006.
Love,

OK Go

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome, Awesome, Awesome!!! I'm in Canada soo I won't be there but I'll totally watch on the tv.

7:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the Blender Magazine honors!!! 67th best song of the year and nominated for best video of the year for "A Million Ways!!!"

8:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey guys. I am new to your music, and dig it. But, I dig your personal style the most...where do you get your clothes?

John from Pittsburgh

4:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At this very second, myself (Jessi) and my associates (Julie, Taylor, Steph) are listening to A Million Ways and pretending that we know the dance. We're working on it, okay? Also, we are partying 'til we're purple. We have recently (with the help of a few extra associates) chugged about four bottles of sparkling grape juice. Sure, we're not drunk at all, but my associate Julie is quite adamant that she is going to spew. New York is great and all, but when are you guys coming home to Chicago? We miss you!

1:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i feel so gypped - i can't believe espn cut away from them, screwy audio and all that!!! alas, my 2005 ended in utter disappointment. at least they also had that 'invincible' highlights video...

1:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I never thought I'd say this, but for once I am not sorry I missed an OK Go performance. While the boyz were freezing their paisely-clad butts off on a rooftop in Times Square and their peeps were freezing down below, I was having a romantic tete-a-tete at a window table on the 27th floor of the Amway Grand Plaza Hotel. Warm and toasty, with a fabulous view of the city lights, enjoying a five course gourmet meal and stimulating conversation with a wonderful guy. Sorry, Jorge, but we just didn't have time to watch TV last night ; ) Yep, I can definitely say that this New Year's Eve kicked ass.

Still, I did listen to Oh No in the car on the way down there yesterday evening. What better way to get in the mood for love?!?

Kiss kiss, thanks for helping me rock in the New Year.

7:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you guys are my new favorite.

11:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guys... I'm a new fan of just a few months when somone sent me your "Million Ways" video. God, I love that! I was flipping channels New Year's eve... and frankly every new year's eve show on was BORING. Then, a little miricle happend.. There you guys were! Doing your little dance! You looked a little cold, and a little cramped, but it didn't spoil the joy. Loved it! Thanks! :)

11:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uh, and just so you don't think your fans are illiterate (see above)... It was a "miracle" that "happened". Forgive me, I was excited and rushing.

11:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No OK Go concert in Australia :(

10:56 PM  
Blogger john said...

Damian,your cousin John D. ,Have a concert at SALT IN April.We would like to attend if you could arrange things.We saw you in San Diego afew years ago. Your cousin John. Dymerski@comcast.net

10:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home